Fine Acts bridges human rights and arts to achieve social change by bringing together activists and artists from across the world.
Our mission is to:
- Nurture collaborations: We bring together activists and artists from across the globe to work on collaborative art projects.
- Produce powerful art: We curate, commission and promote contemporary art with purpose.
- Create effective campaigns: We work with trailblazing, groundbreaking nonprofits, designing and implementing tailor-made, advocacy or awareness-raising campaigns for their needs.
- Boost innovation: We design and apply novel formats to explore the intersection of human rights, art and technology.
- Support organisations: We consult and train organisations and individuals in creative thinking and utilising art as a tool for social change.
We believe that art is one of the best ways to challenge social injustices. Art can be transcending, connecting us to issues on a deeper, emotional level. Art can create a visceral responsе and forge action from empathy.
By producing and supporting socially engaged art, and by championing it into public and cultural spaces, we aim to raise awareness, trigger action, and foster greater support for human rights campaigns.
Fine Acts is a global nonprofit, operating across issues and borders since 2015.
Yana Buhrer Tavanier – Co-founder, Director
Julie Freeman – Co-founder, Creative Director
Pavel Kounchev – Co-founder, Advisor
Svetla Baeva – Campaign Director
Ana Alexieva – Producer
Martina Koleva – Digital/Organisational Lead